www.the-reel-mccoy.net

Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's Oscars Time... Which 2013 Films Will Get Nominated? (UPDATED)



The 2013 Academy Award Best Picture Nominees

1. American Hustle

2. Captain Phillips


3. Dallas Buyer's Club


4. Gravity


5. Her


6. Nebraska


7. Philomena


8. 12 Years a Slave


9. The Wolf of Wall Street


Well, I got all but one right. I knew there was a chance that Blue Jasmine might not make the cut, but I completely dropped the ball on Philomena taking a slot. I figured it a long shot, at best.

Now, however, the real speculation begins, as we count down the next six weeks to Oscar night on March 2. Be sure to check back soon, as I'll be blogging about my predictions for the winners in each category.

In the meantime, you'll find me in the center seat of my local movie theater, popcorn in hand, waiting for the lights to dim...


No comments: